Monday, September 1, 2014

Dummy Book: Version 1

Over the Labour Day Weekend I hit a pretty exciting milestone in the book's journey. I printed out all the pages I had already laid out in the computer, and started the process of figuring out which order they should go in. I also did this so I can see ahead of time what it will potentially look like as a physical book, with actual pages side by side. I could experiment with putting certain pages next to each other and see which illustrations (or pages with only text) look best alongside each other. It's a much different aesthetic than just looking at separate pages in Photoshop.

This first run at a physical "dummy book" is about twice as thick as it will be in final form, since none of the sheets are double-sided yet. It's also a bit larger, being printed on regular 8.5 x 11 paper (the actual book is intended to be 8x10) But overall I think I've come up with a good idea for the order and flow of the poems so far. The cover is still a rough mock-up and could go through some design changes.

But until then, here's a sneak peek at a few pages of the dummy book, which I'm very excited about.


2 comments:

  1. Wow - it looks absolutely incredible, even in 'dummy' form! What an accomplishment to have come this far- can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julie! I'm excited to see it too!

    ReplyDelete